Air compressor pumps are used for drilling, nailing, grinding & painting jobs in machine & body shops, in addition to sandblasting, dry cleaning, car washing, air conditioning & refrigeration. They are also ideal for power plants, water purification plants, manufacturing industries, paint shops and irrigation purposes.
Speedaire Splash Lubricated Air Compressor Pumps:
- These air compressor pumps are designed to cycle On / Off while providing continuous air with an 80/20 duty cycle.
- They have an oil reservoir with a sight gauge.
Champion Splash Lubricated Air Compressor Pumps:
- Splash lubricated air compressor pumps from Champion feature cast iron cylinders & lightweight aluminium alloy pistons for improved cooling.
- They come with two compression rings & an oil control ring, as well as high density, high silicon, die cast aluminium alloy connecting rods.
- These pumps are equipped with steel reed type valves for increased volumetric efficiency.
- These air compressor pumps have a precision balanced flywheel to ensure high efficiency, high energy & power density, and long life.
- The ductile iron overhung crankshaft features a precision-balanced design to run smoothly and quietly.
- They have an oil level sight gauge for user convenience.
Ingersoll-Rand Splash Lubricated Air Compressor Pumps:
- These air compressor pumps have Type 30 cast iron cylinders, heads and frames designed for continuous operation and extended pump life.
- They are used for heavy duty industrial applications owing to the two-stage reciprocating air compressor.
- These pumps feature finned style intercoolers between the two low pressure cylinders and the high pressure cylinder, reducing the operating temperature of the air between the first stage and second stage of the pump.
Air compressor pumps compress air into smaller volumes, and the compressed air is stored in a storage tank. Once the air is released, the kinetic energy of the pressurised air can be used for multiple applications. Usually, the pressure limits are set, and the compressor pressurises the air systematically once it falls below the desired limit. The compressor pump can be operated automatically for continuous & uninterrupted operation. Air compressor pumps operate via reciprocating piston action or rotary pump action.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if there is water in my air compressor?
There is always a little amount of water in all air compressor tanks. Hot air hits the cold tank, producing water as it cools. Dry abrasive does not flow when it gets wet. Wet air must be cooled to remove the water.
How often do I need to change the oil in my air compressor?
If you have a lubricated reciprocating or rotary vane air compressor, you'll need to change quarterly to keep it working properly. For a rotary screw compressor, you'll need to change the oil after 4000 to 8000 hours of use, depending on the type of oil employed.
How often should I service an air compressor pump?
The answer depends on how often the unit used. If you are running your compressor occasionally, then annual service would be fine. If you are running your compressor routinely, then quarterly service might be needed.