Permanent Magnet DC Motors
Baldor PMDC motors are designed for powering various industrial machinery for printing, packaging, plastic processing, food processing and pharmaceutical applications. These permanent magnet DC motors are suitable for powering printing presses, metering pumps, winders, extruders, material handling equipment, packaging machinery and conveyors. Baldor DC motors feature ball bearings that minimise rotational friction while increasing the efficiency & torque output.
Selected models feature moisture sealant between endplates & the frame that make it ideal for high pressure washdown operations. Baldor permanent magnet DC motors have a dynamic balanced armature that minimises unwanted vibrations and noise levels. This feature increases the bearing life while decreasing the chances of motor failure, thereby increasing operators safety. The dynamic balanced armature ensures the durability of the motor components over the long term. These permanent magnet DC motors have all stainless steel base, motor frame, hardware and shaft which makes them suitable for environments that have high hygiene requirements. Baldor DC motors have neoprene gaskets that prevent fluids from reaching into the motor windings, thereby ensuring a tight seal. These motors can be easily mounted on flat surfaces of factory floors. For powering small industrial equipment, the brand also offers fractional motors.
Baldor permanent magnet DC motors are suitable for powering various industrial machinery in printing, packaging, plastic processing, food processing and pharmaceutical applications. These DC motors are suitable for powering printing presses, metering pumps, winders, extruders, material handling equipment, packaging machinery and conveyors. DC motors are capable of starting, stopping & reversing immediately, which is a key factor for managing the operation of production equipment.
Baldor permanent magnet DC motors convert power supplied into mechanical energy for operating various industrial machines and equipment. These motors operate on electrical power and can be easily controlled using SCR controls. The SCR controls provide precise control of the motor speed throughout the operation.
- Double seal ball bearings: Baldor permanent magnet DC motors feature double seal ball bearings. These sealed bearings have moisture resistant grease that prevents chances of lubrication wear in moisture prone environments. These double seal ball bearings can support high radial loads and axial loads in both directions for maximising the overall efficiency.
- Dynamic balanced armature: Baldor DC motors have dynamic balanced armature that minimises the unwanted vibrations and noise levels. This feature increases the bearing life while decreasing the chances of motor failure, thereby increasing operators safety. The dynamic balanced armature ensures the durability of the motor components over the long term.
- Heavy duty steel frame: Baldor permanent magnet DC motors have heavy duty steel frames for preventing any chances of winding damage from accidental blows & drops. The steel frame is ideal for applications in harsh industrial conditions. They have a removable mounting base for ensuring easy installation & maintenance.
- Ceramic ferrite magnet: These permanent magnet DC motors have ceramic ferrite magnets that further increase motor efficiency. These magnets can easily withstand high temperatures that are generated during the operation.
- Commutator fused armature connections: Baldor permanent magnet DC motors feature armature connections that are directly fused to the commutator of the motor. This feature ensures low electrical resistance and power loss, thereby increasing the reliability factor.
- Moisture resistant magnet wire: These permanent magnet DC motors feature moisture resistant magnet wire to ensure long insulation life. This feature ensures the long term durability of the motor unit.
- Neoprene Gaskets: Baldor DC motors have neoprene gaskets that prevent fluids from reaching into the motor windings, thereby ensuring a tight seal.
- Baldor permanent magnet DC motors support various accessories like conversion & adjustable bases. These DC motor adjustable bases are used to simplify the motor mounting and adjust belt tension during installation & maintenance checks.
- Baldor DC motor drip covers are designed to protect motors (open steel band style) from ice, snow and rain when vertically mounted in outdoor locations. These kits can be easily installed onto motors in the field for minimising downtime.
- Baldor Motor DC control units or SCR controls are designed for controlling the speed of the permanent magnet motor for matching the application requirements. These control units also protect the permanent magnet motors against faulty input current.
- Baldor Bp5000bk08 carbon brush sets are used for minimising the damage to the motor by making contact between the rotating rotor & stationary wire.
Standards and Approvals
Baldor permanent magnet motors are CE & CSA Certified and UL Listed. These motors are NEMA Certified and compliant with IEC standards.
- Baldor permanent magnet motor should be mounted on a rigid foundation for preventing excessive vibration. In order to counter the vibrations, shims should be used.
- The motor should be installed as per NEMA MG-2 and IEC standards.
- If the requirement is to control the motor speed in an application, the motor should be supplied power through an SCR control unit. Users should select the overcurrent protection and motor starter suitable for the application requirement.
- The fusing, wiring & grounding must comply with IEC regulations and National Electrical Code standards.
- After completing the installation, a guard with suitable dimensions should be constructed & installed around the motor. This guard prevents personnel from touching / coming in contact with any moving parts.
- Before starting the motor, the user should remove all loose rotating parts & unused shaft keys. The user should check the direction of motor rotation before coupling it to the load.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the safety precautions for using Baldor motors?
- Disconnect the power before touching any electrical connections for preventing any chances of electrical shock and injury.
- Before applying power, ensure that the system is properly grounded. Do not apply power before following all the safety instructions.
- Wear ear protective devices to minimise the harmful effects on hearing.
- Do not remove safety guards or disable / bypass protective devices connected to the motor.
How often do Baldor motors need greasing?
Under standard conditions, Baldor motors require greasing after 9500 hours.
What are Baldor motors used for?
Baldor motors are used in various industries, including mining, agriculture, pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, air handling, packaging and chemical facilities. They are suitable for powering machinery in printing, packaging, plastic processing and more applications.
Are Baldor permanent magnet motors more efficient?
Yes, Baldor permanent magnet motors are more efficient in comparison to AC induction motors.