- Premium, brass cutter block; Standard-Duty and Heavy-Duty cutting blades; Chrome plated, steel extension bars; Rugged storage case; 18 Inch x 18 Inch cutting board
- Accessories: AX1600, AX1601, AX3513, AX3510, AX3511, AX3512, AX3540, AX1611, AX1612, AX1633, AX1634, AX1640, AX1613, AX1628, AX5500, AX5502, AX1622
Allpax AX6050 heavy-duty gasket cutter kit is used in chemical & power plants, shipbuilding yards, breweries, oil refineries, refrigeration plants and automobile factories for cutting gaskets or circular joints made of plastic, leather, rubber or similar materials, accurately and precisely.
- Allpax AX6050 heavy duty gasket cutter kit is used in chemical & power plants, ship building yards, breweries, oil refineries, refrigeration plants and automobile factories for precisely cutting gaskets or circular joints made of rubber, leather, plastic or similar materials.
- This heavy duty gasket cutter kit comes equipped with an 18 x 18 inch (457 x 457 mm) board having a non-slippery, plastic textured surface for reducing blade friction and enabling self healing after each use.
- This AX6050 cutter kit has steel extension bars with chrome plating to provide corrosion resistance and offer gasket cutting up to 61 inches (1550 mm) in diameter.
- Allpax AX6050 extension style gasket cutter kit has an ergonomic design, offering a tight & comfortable grip and an easy-to-read precision scale for easy measurement.
- This AX6050 gasket cutter kit features sliding knurled nuts for adjusting cutting radius and includes a robust storage case, bolt hole locator template, dove-tail designer template and centre pin handle.
- Allpax AX6050 heavy-duty gasket cutter kit is compatible with the brand's AX1613 centre pin ferrules that help in modifying or maintaining gasket cutters. These pin ferrules offer zinc construction to resist corrosion and provide replacements for missing or worn cutter parts.
Allpax AX6050 heavy duty gasket cutter kit offers field installation by adjusting the diameter of the gaskets.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does Raptor Supplies offer similar gasket cutter kits having different gasket cutting capacities?
A. Yes, Raptor Supplies also offers Allpax AX6010 and Allpax AX6030 gasket cutter kits featuring gasket cutting capacities up to 13 and 37 inches, respectively.
Q. What are the uses of a gasket cutter?
A. Gasket cutters are designed for precision cutting of gaskets and circular joints in materials, such as plastic, leather, rubber, PTFE and vulcanised fibre having thicknesses up to 8 mm.
Q. How to decide which type of gasket cutter is suitable for my application?
A. Portable, extension-style gasket cutters are lightweight and have a compact nature that makes them ideal for gasket fabrication & shaping in the field. These gasket cutters are usually preferred for cutting non-metallic or non-rigid gasket materials. Whereas rotary-style gasket cutters are heavy tools that are mounted in a vise, clamped in an upright position or bolted to a workbench. These units are ideal for a fixed location and are usually preferred for forging more metallic or rigid materials, as well as irregular, flange shaped gaskets.
Q. How do rotary-style gasket cutters work?
A. Rotary-style gasket cutters have a stationary frame with a crank-powered set of rotating cutting discs. To operate, first set the scale bar to the desired outer diameter (OD) and pierce a small hole in the centre of the gasket material to be cut. Then open the cutter, insert the material onto a scale bar spindle, and fasten using the knurled nut. Using one hand, lower the cutting disc & apply pressure, while also turning the crank with the other hand. Now remove excess material, adjust the scale bar to the desired inner diameter (ID) and make another circular cut around that circumference. Finally, remove the finished flange gasket.
Q. How do extension-style gasket cutters work?
A. Extension-style gasket cutters have a cutter block with modular extension bars and an adjustable cutting blade. For using these units:
- Pierce a hole having a small diameter, in the centre of the gasket material which needs to be cut.
- Lay out the material flat on the cutting board.
- Poke the centre pin through the hole and insert into a ferrule in the board.
- Set the blade to the required depth of cut.
- Loosen the knurled nut and adjust it to the desired outside diameter.
- Add / remove extensions, if necessary.
- Place the tail of the extension onto the pin.
- Grip the block with one hand, while holding the pin with the other.
- Sweep a circular pattern around the circumference of the material while simultaneously applying downward pressure. Remove the excess material.
- Adjust the cutter to the desired inner diameter and cut another circular pattern around that circumference.
- Finally, remove the finished flange gasket.
Q. What is a handheld gasket cutter?
A. Handheld gasket cutters are used for making mitre cuts to fit seals and finish trim around hatches & doors. Their handles simultaneously squeeze and strike their angled blade on the anvil base for precisely cutting through the gasket.