Destaco 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp is designed for quick clamping of doors, lids or access covers onto drums / containers / vessels. It is capable of holding loads up to 1000 lb and features a flanged base with threaded holes for easy installation. The clamp is equipped with the Destaco Toggle Lock Plus safety mechanism that acts as a secondary locking system. This pull action clamp is also supplied with a latch plate and a thumb control lever for flexible single handed operation. The pull action latch clamp works similarly to latch on fishing tackle boxes. It is equipped with a handle that is appropriately aligned with the opposing latch and hence, the handle can be pulled back down into the locking position, making it ideal for closing objects such as mold closures and latching doors. Destaco 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp applies force in a direct, straight-line direction that allows the unit to toggle in the forward and rear positions. This Destaco clamp has a 100 mm longer hook than the standard length.
This 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp is utilised for common applications such as molding, assembly and closures for doors, lids or covers in the aerospace, automotive and food & packaging industries.
- Destaco 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp incorporates an over-centre toggle action for tight hold against heavy force.
- It comes with a threaded U hook that permits hassle free adjustments.
- This clamp has an ergonomic, vinyl coated handle with a fatigue less grip.
- Destaco 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp is equipped with a fixed stop that automatically limits handle travel at various clamping positions.
- This clamp has an equipped lock out hole for pin or lock.
- The patented thumb control lever provides one handed operation.
- It is supplied with a 100 mm longer hook than the standard length.
- Destaco 334101: These replacement latch plates are used with the brand's 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp to provide tight closure upon pressing the handle.
Standards and Approvals:
Destaco 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp conforms to international standards like ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 9001:2015 for ensuring environmental health & safety, and efficient performance of the clamp.
- Destaco 334-R-M-100 pull action latch clamp has a flanged base that comes with threaded holes for quick and secure mounting onto flat surfaces / workbenches using simple screwing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How do Destaco 334 Series pull action latch clamps work?
A. These pull action latch clamps depend on 3 main components - a handle for operating the tool, a clamping arm for contact point between the work item & clamp, and a base for attaching the clamp to the surface. Once the simple linkage system of the clamp is put in the over-centre position, the handle is pulled horizontally for creating force parallel to the base and squeeze-holding the work items.
Q. What does the clamp's holding capacity signify?
A. The holding capacity or holding force represents the capability of a clamp to hold down mechanical equipment or sheet metal while assembling automotive parts or during manufacturing processes.
Q. Which grease is ideal for Destaco clamps for their rebuilding?
A. A coupling grease like Mobil XTC should be used when dealing with Destaco mechanical clamps, while the Magnalube G grease is great for use with pneumatic cylinder seals.
Q. What is the significance of the red colour of the handle of Destaco clamps?
A. There is no such significance of the colour of the clamp's handle, as it only represents a recognisable area. This helps operators in finding the handle quickly & easily.
Q. What does clamping force mean?
A. Clamping force is the amount of force actually applied to the workpiece by closing & locking the clamp. It is normally less than the stated holding capacity. The actual clamping force depends on various factors including cylinder bore, cylinder area, spindle position (clamping arm length) and available air pressure. In most cases, the clamping force is approximately 2 to 3 times the force exerted by a pneumatic cylinder.
Q. Does Destaco supply any water resistant clamp sensors?
A. Yes, Destaco also supplies inductive sensors designed in accordance with IP65 standards to ensure protection from powerful hydraulic jets, dust & heavy rain.