Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit contains 15 pieces each of 5/16, 3/8, 1/2, 9/16 & 5/8 inch; and 12 pieces each of 3/4, 7/8, 15/16 & 1 inch zinc-plated 101 series 2-ear steel clamps. It further comes with a standard jaw pincer, all packed & organised neatly in a plastic storage case. This Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit is designed for sealing hoses against loss of air, liquid or gases in low pressure applications. The included pair of jaw pincers is suitable for clamping hose clamps in a variety of diameters and the indentation or dimple on the ear of the clamp maximises the clamping force to ensure a more secure hold. Moreover, the mechanical interlock feature of this clamp keeps it securely closed. Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit offers excellent corrosion & scaling resistance due to steel construction.
Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit offers a wide combination of features, making it useful for low pressure applications, such as mining, agriculture, automobiles, heating, ventilation and more. The zinc plated ear clamps from Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit are used with rubber hoses, plastic tubing, electrical cables and welding hoses.
- Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit contains 15 pieces each of 5/16, 3/8, 1/2, 9/16 & 5/8 inch; and 12 pieces each of 3/4, 7/8, 15/16 & 1 inch zinc-plated 101 series 2-ear steel clamps. It further comes with a standard jaw pincer, all packed & organised neatly in a plastic storage case, providing easy and simple installation.
- These steel clamps of Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit provide constant pressure around the hose and are suitable for handling thermal and vibrational expansions or contractions.
- Further, the clamps in this Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit are configured with a dimple on the ear to provide maximum clamping force for a secure hold.
- This Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit includes a single package containing 15 clamp pieces inside it.
- Oetiker jaw pincer: These standard jaw pincers can replace the pincers of Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit. They have large insulated handle grips for user comfort and protection against electrical hazards. Further, these pincers from Oetiker have forged steel construction to provide high impact strength, durability and resistance from harsh industrial abuse.
- Oetiker 101 Series ear clamps: These 101 Series zinc plated ear clamps can replace the steel ear clamps of this Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit (in case of wear or broken), as well as offer a wide array of options to choose from.
Standards and Approvals:
- Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit offers corrosion resistant performance as it is manufactured in compliance with DIN EN ISO 9227 standards.
- This Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit also meets ISO/TS 16949 standards to ensure quality performance.
- The clamps comply with UNS S30403 (Unified Numbering System), an alloy identification system by SAE 1008 (Society of Automotive Engineers) standards to ensure excellent tensile strength in corrosive environments.
- Moreover, these ear clamps from Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit have been assessed and certified to meet the requirements of IATF 16949:2016 standards.
Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit has zinc plated ear clamps of 101 Series that can be installed with the help of the brand's hand installation pincers (sold together) and only require single stroke tool closure. The nominal diameter of the clamp must be chosen accordingly when installed with the correct clamping force. For a perfect seal, the ears must be closed correctly during the installation process.
Note: The installation instruction manual is also printed inside the cover of the plastic box of Oetiker 18500114 clamp kit for user convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What are the types of clamps that Oetikar offers?
A. Oetiker offers a wide range of hose clamps like screw, ear, spring, wire, worm and plastic clamps.
Q. How to remove an Oetiker clamp?
A. Customers can use tools, such as a side or bowl nose cutter, to remove the interlock & peel back the clamps from hoses. It is not recommended to use rotating cutters as they can cause damage to the hose while cutting the clamp.
Q. Are Oetiker clamps reusable?
A. Yes, Oetiker hose clamps like worm drive, StepLess screw & V clamps are reusable. They can be easily opened & installed anytime the requirement arises. They are ideal for maintenance & servicing in manufacturing & automotive facilities. These clamps can also be installed both radially and axially.
Q. How do we tighten a clamp?
A. To tighten a clamp, squeeze the clamp with one hand so that the end opposite the driver slides into the sleeve holding. Then, turn the driver clockwise with a wrench or screwdriver so that the threads present on the driver engage the slots on the clamp. Continue turning the driver until the clamp securely tightens around the hose.
Q. How to choose the suitable Oetiker hose clamp?
A. To check the size requirement, install the hose on pipe or fitting (which expands the hose), then check the outside diameter of the hose. Lastly, select a hose clamp that supports the hose diameter in its clamping range.