Trim Lok 3100B3X3/32A-100 trim seal is a rubber gasket that provides sealing and insulation for doors or hatches with rounded corners. It is a combination of a PVC edge trim and a sponge rubber bulb glued together to create an attractive bulb seal.
- The trim seal bulb contracts as the door or hatch is closed.
- The door and panel are sealed together by compression.
- When the hatch or door opens, the bulb shrinks back to its original dimensions.
- Trim-Lok Inc 3100B3X3/32A-100 trim seal is an extruded elastomer used to protect the edges or surfaces of objects from sudden impacts.
- It has a vinyl side bulb that allows gap variation while maintaining a tight seal.
- This trim seal has EPDM sponge rubber tubing for optimum sealing.
- It has internal aluminium clips to enhance its durability.
Standards and Approvals:
- FMVSS 302
- FAA / FAR 23.853
- UL 50E
- UL 94HB
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is the ideal temperature for this trim seal?
A. Trim-Lok trim seal provides optimum sealing within the temperature range of -20 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Q. How does rubber moulding work?
A. Rubber moulding is the transfer, compression or injection of raw rubber material into a metal mould cavity to convert an elastomer or uncured rubber into a usable product.
Q. How to make the exterior door panel waterproof?
- Grab the seal tape and peel off the back of the first 10 cm of stripping.
- Press this peeled-off tape into place at the bottom of the door frame.
- Make sure there is no space between the door and the panel.
- Peel back more of the stripping and push it up the door frame.