Drum lifters are widely used for handling steel, plastic and fibre drums in food & packaging, recycling, material handling, marine, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- Morse Drum overhead crane lifters are meant for transporting the drum in an upright position.
- They feature a built-in plate that supports the drum and load binders for securing the drum in position.
- These drum lifters come integrated with fork pockets and fork mount hooks to be attached with a monorail, crane or chain block for moving the drums.
- Their heavy-duty steel / stainless-steel construction protects the drum lifter against weathering damages.
Justrite overhead drum lifters feature tong-style design for lifting heavy drums by simply gripping the drum chime. These rugged lifters resist accidental opening / bending under heavy loads.
- Portable drum lifters are suitable for applications that require the user to lift and rotate the drum to safely dispense into containers.
- They feature compact base for a small footprint and manoeuvrability in confined spaces with a tight turning radius.
- These drum lifters can easily accommodate steel, plastic & fibre drums and rotate them up to 360 degrees.
- Some models also include a built-in scale indicator for weighing the drum weight with accuracy while dispensing the material.
Drum stackers from Dayton & Vestil are designed for lifting & stacking heavy drums in commercial warehouses. The hydraulic lifting mechanism of these lifters prevents them from losing balance (even mid-transit) and facilitate fatigue-free drum stacking in heavy workload environments.
Valley Craft drum loaders feature three-wheel design with a rear-mount swivel caster for maximum manoeuvrability in tight spaces. These drum loaders are further integrated with a brake for preventing unwanted movement.
The overhead drum lifters are easy & safe to operate in contrast to traditional lifting equipment. These lifters are used in conjunction with overhead cranes and a chain to hold & lift the drum using the rim. The directional flexibility of the drum depends upon the crane movement and can be easily repositioned / relocated / detached by unlocking the drum lifter's locking mechanism.
If the requirement is to lift & transport drums with or without the upper rim, portable drum lifters are an ideal choice. These hydraulic drum lifters feature swivel casters for reducing the frictional losses on factory floors. They can also tilt / rotate the drum, allowing the inner content to flow easily.
Standards and Approvals
The drum lifters provided by Dayton, Eagle, Enpac, Grainger, Justrite, Morse Drum, Vestil, Valley Craft and Wesco meet OSHA industry standards for user safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
What precautions should be taken before handling a drum?
- Before lifting / moving, the user should check for any damage and also ensure that the lid / cap is securely fastened.
- While handling drums containing hazardous powder / oil, the user should wear PPE kits.
- Drum lifters should be properly latched to prevent accidents & chances of injury caused by a drum fall.
What are the suitable conditions for using Morse Drum overhead drum lifters?
Morse overhead drum lifters are suitable for applications where drums can only be lifted in an upright position. Additionally, they are used in facilities that have an integrated crane system for supporting the drum lifters.
How to move Vestil drum movers using a forklift?
Vestil forklift drum movers are best suited for lifting & transferring heavy drums because of their built-in forklift pockets that enhance the safety of the operation. The operator can lift the drum mover by sliding the forklift blades inside the pocket.
What are Vestil drum pickers?
Vestil drum pickers are lifting equipment, ideal for moving drums in confined & far-off locations. These drum lifters have single clamping mechanism that automatically attaches to the drum chime. Furthermore, the clamping mechanism is adjustable for accommodating smaller sized drums.
Which drum lifters are suitable to handle drums containing chemicals?
Vestil drum lifters / transporters are designed to handle chemicals, also prone to spillage. These drum lifters should be used for handling drums containing chemicals, as they maintain a sufficient distance between the user and the drum for safety against chemical burns.
What standards do Morse below-hook drum lifters comply with?
Morse below-hook drum lifters comply with ANSI/ASME B30.20 standards. Additionally, these drum lifters are individually load tested at 125 per cent rated capacity. The welding is as per ANSI / AWS D14.1 and ASME BTH-1 standards.