Victor regulators are designed for controlling and monitoring the gas supplied to the connected welding, cutting and heating equipment. These regulators are suitable for metalworking, general manufacturing, industrial & heavy fabrication, structural steel processing, civil construction and maintenance & repair applications. Victor pressure regulators have nickel-plated brass / stainless steel / forged brass construction for preventing volatile gases from damaging / wearing the regulator assembly. It also ensures wear resistance against abrasive environments. Victor regulators are designed for medium to heavy duty applications and feature integrated single / dual style monitoring gauges for displaying the accurate gas pressure in real time. These gauges have an easy to read dial with large markings for preventing any chances of measurement error. They feature clear glass windows for user convenience and readability. Victor regulator parts like cutting tips and hand torches are used with these gas regulators for various welding, cutting and heating operations.
Victor regulator sets are ideal for controlling and monitoring the gas (oxygen & acetylene) supplied to the connected welding, cutting and heating equipment. Victor pressure regulators are designed for industrial & heavy fabrication, metalworking, general manufacturing, structural steel processing, civil construction and maintenance & repair applications.
Victor pressure regulators have three primary operating components that work together for regulating the pressure within the device. Firstly, there is a loading mechanism spring that determines the delivery pressure. A diaphragm (sensing element) senses the force against the loading mechanism spring. Lastly, the control element (adjustable knob / handle) reduces the inlet pressure to the outlet pressure. The gas inside the cylinder enters the regulator assembly and puts pressure on the diaphragm. The diaphragm element moves in the upward direction as controlled through the set spring element. This action enables a specific set flow of gas from the source to the connected cutting torch. The adjusting control knob / handle is used to set the pressure & flow of the gas. Turning the control knob clockwise pushes the diaphragm down and enables the regulator to increase the gas flow through the outlet. Turning the knob counter clockwise reduces the pressure & flow of the gas supply.
- Rugged Construction: Victor pressure regulators feature nickel-plated brass / stainless steel / forged brass construction for ensuring ease of use & contamination free operation with high purity gases. Their construction material protects the gas purity for delivering pure flame while welding / cutting tasks.
- Reaction free diaphragm: Victor regulators have stainless steel / neoprene / fabric reinforced neoprene diaphragms. These diaphragms prevent the chances of absorption & release of contaminants into the gas flow. This feature maintains the purity of the gases used for cutting / welding.
- Dual stage actuation: Selected Victor pressure regulators feature dual stage regulation for safely & efficiently reducing the intake gas pressure to safe values for cutting / welding tasks. This feature ensures the safety of operation in applications involving high pressure intake supply.
- Integrated monitoring gauges: Victor pressure regulators feature integrated single / dual style monitoring gauges for displaying the accurate gas pressure in real time. These gauges have a clear glass window and an easy to read dial with large markings for preventing any chances of measurement error.
- Cutting torches: Victor cutting torches are used with these gas regulators for controlling & directing the gas flame in the desired direction with precision & control. Victor regulators are connected to these cutting torches through flexible gas hoses.
- Gas welding tips: Victor pressure regulators also require gas welding tips for modifying the welding system to the application requirement. These different welding tips change the flow of gas flame depending upon the application requirement.
- Gas welder fittings: Victor gas welding fittings are designed to connect the hoses to the cutting torches or handles. These welder fittings are ideal for use with highly combustible gases and ensure leakage-free operation throughout welding / cutting operation.
Standards and Approvals
- Victor regulators are designed for industrial applications and are manufactured in compliance with ETL and ISO standards. These standards ensure that the regulators are safe for use in medium to large scale applications.
Victor pressure regulators feature two separate ports, one for intake supply and the other for delivering the gas flow. The intake port is connected to the gas cylinder containing oxygen / acetylene gas and the output port is connected to the gas hose which feeds the cutting torch. These gas regulators feature knob style handle for controlling the gas intake pressure that is supplied from the cylinder side. The gas pressure through the regulator can be easily & accurately monitored through the regulator monitoring gauges. Victor regulators can be easily set on precise gas pressure depending upon the application requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do gauges on regulators indicate?
Pressure regulators that have two gauges indicate two different pressure values. These gauges indicate low pressure / outlet side gas pressure and high pressure / inlet side gas pressure values. These monitoring gauges are crucial to monitor the gas pressure throughout the cutting / welding operation.
What is the difference between pressure regulation and pressure reduction regulators?
Pressure reduction regulators reduce the input pressure of the gas to ensure that the gas is at an ideal pressure at the outset. These regulators control the downstream pressure. Whereas the pressure regulation regulators maintain the set pressure. These regulators maintain the upstream pressure and are installed parallel to the sensitive equipment.
What is the difference between single-stage and dual-stage regulators?
Single-stage regulators feature just a single regulation assembly. The gas supply enters this assembly and the pressure is reduced. These regulators are used in applications where the gas source pressure is nearly constant. Dual-stage regulators employ two separate regulator assemblies within the same housing. These regulators operate by reducing the gas pressure in two separate steps. At the first stage, the gas pressure reduces three times the maximum working pressure. The second stage further reduces the gas pressure to a certain working pressure value.
Can propane be used for cutting applications?
Yes, propane can be used for cutting applications alongside oxygen. A combination of oxygen and acetylene is ideal for cutting metal workpieces, as acetylene cuts quicker than propane & oxygen combination.