- Premium, brass cutter block; Standard-Duty and Heavy-Duty cutting blades; Chrome plated, steel extension bars; Rugged storage case; 18 Inch x 18 Inch cutting board
- Accessories: AX1600, AX1601, AX3513, AX3510, AX3511, AX3512, AX3540, AX1611, AX1612, AX1633, AX1634, AX1640, AX1613, AX1628, AX5500, AX5502, AX1622
Allpax AX6010 heavy duty gasket cutter kit is used in chemical & power plants, ship building yards, breweries, oil refineries, refrigeration plants and automobile factories for cutting gaskets or circular joints made of plastic, leather, rubber or similar materials, accurately and precisely.
- Lay out the gasket material flat on a cutting board and fix it at the centre using a centre pin & ferrule.
- Set the required depth on the cutting block blade according to the gasket material thickness.
- Adjust the cutting block to the desired outside diameter and fix the tail of the cutting block onto the centre pin. Use extension bars to increase the cutting diameter, if required.
- Apply downward pressure on the gasket material using a cutter block and sweep out a circular pattern. Remove excess material outside the circumference of the outer diameter.
- Adjust the cutter block to the desired inner diameter (ID) and cut another circular material. Remove the finished flange gasket.
- Allpax AX6010 extension style gasket cutter kit features an ergonomic design for a comfortable & tight grip, and an easy to read precision scale for easy measurement.
- This heavy duty gasket cutter kit comes equipped with a 18 inch x 18 inch (457 mm x 457 mm) board having a non-slippery, plastic textured surface for minimising blade friction, as well as ensuring self healing after each use.
- This Allpax AX6010 cutter kit comes equipped with steel extension bars having chrome plating to resist corrosion on exposed surfaces and offers gasket cutting up to 61 inches (1550 mm) in diameter.
- Allpax AX6010 heavy duty gasket cutter kit also has sliding knurled nuts to adjust cutting radius and incorporates a robust storage case, centre pin handle, bolt hole locator template and dove-tail designer template.
- Allpax AX6010 heavy duty gasket cutter kit is compatible with the brand's AX1613 centre pin ferrules that help in maintaining and modifying gasket cutters. These pin ferrules feature zinc construction for resisting corrosion and act as replacements for worn and missing cutter parts.
Allpax AX6010 heavy duty gasket cutter kit offers field installation by adjusting the diameter of the gaskets.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How do extension style gasket cutters work?
A. Extension style gasket cutters have a cutter block with modular extension bars and an adjustable cutting blade. To operate, pierce a small hole in the centre of the gasket material to be cut. Lay out the gasket material flat on the cutting board and poke the central pin through the hole and insert it into a ferrule in the board. Set the blade to the desired depth of cut. Loosen the knurled nut so that the blade can be adjusted to the desired outside diameter (OD) too. Add / remove extensions if required & place the extension tail onto the pin. While holding the pin with one hand, grip the block with the other hand and apply downward pressure by sweeping a circular pattern around the circumference of the gasket material. Remove excess material and adjust the cutter to the desired inner diameter (ID) and make another circular cut around that circumference. Finally, remove the finished flange gasket.
Q. What is a gasket cutter used for?
A. Gasket cutters are ideal for accurately cutting circular joints and gaskets (having thicknesses up to 8 mm) in materials such as rubber, plastic, leather, PTFE and vulcanised fibre.
Q. Does Raptor Supplies offer similar gasket cutter kits with different gasket cutting capacities?
A. Yes, Raptor Supplies offers Allpax AX6030 gasket cutter kits and Allpax AX6050 gasket cutter kits featuring gasket cutting capacities up to 37 and 61 inches, respectively.
Q. What is a handheld gasket cutter?
A. Handheld gasket cutters are used for making mitre cuts to fit seals and finish trim around hatches & doors. Their handles simultaneously squeeze and strike their angled blade on the anvil base for precisely cutting through the gasket.
Q. How do rotary style gasket cutters work?
A. Rotary style gasket cutters have a stationary frame with a crank-powered set of rotating cutting discs. To operate, first set the scale bar to the desired outer diameter (OD) and pierce a small hole in the centre of the gasket material to be cut. Open the cutter, insert the material onto a scale bar spindle and fasten using the knurled nut. Using one hand, lower the cutting disc & apply pressure, while also turning the crank with the other hand. Remove excess material and adjust the scale bar to the desired inner diameter (ID) and make another circular cut around that circumference. Finally, remove the finished flange gasket.
Q. How to decide which type of gasket cutter would be better suited for my application?
A. Portable, extension-style gasket cutters are lightweight and have modular nature, which makes them suitable for gasket fabrication & shaping in the field. These gasket cutters are often preferred for cutting non-metallic or non-rigid gasket materials. On the other hand, rotary-style gasket cutters are heavy tools that are mounted in a vise, clamped in an upright position or bolted to a workbench. These units are perfect for a fixed location and are often preferred for fabricating more metallic or rigid materials, as well as irregular, flange shaped gaskets.