Destaco 324 pull action latch clamp is a vertical-type holding device that provides a strong closing force to repetitively close & open doors and lids during latching, moulding and assembly operations. This clamp is mounted perpendicular to the latch surface for pulling workpieces. It is ideal for holding & closing workpieces that are perpendicular to the mounting surface. This U-Hook style latch clamp feature a patented thumb control lever for quick, safe and one-handed operation to improve productivity. The clamp is made up of steel to provide high strength, prevent breaking / bending or clamp failure under heavy loads and minimise damage / wear due to abrasive conditions. The 324 Series pull action latch clamps are also available in variants having stainless steel construction and with Destaco Toggle Lock Plus mechanism. Raptor Supplies also offers Destaco 374 Series pull action latch clamps having a maximum holding capacity of 4000 lb with an exerting force to applied force ratio of 36:1. If you want to order these latch clamps with the longer hooks (25, 50 & 100 mm), simply add -M-25, -M-50 or -M-100 at the end of the model number.
- Destaco 324 latch clamp is used for assembly & moulding operations in the automotive, transportation, aerospace and food processing & packaging industries. This clamp is also ideal for closing chamber doors, lids, drums, containers, vessels, covers and access doors.
- Destaco 324 pull action latch clamp is equipped with a threaded U-hook (vertical) pull bar for easy adjustment.
- Drawing movement of clamp without thumb control is 1.49 inches and max hook adjustment of the clamp is 0.5 inches.
- This clamp is integrated with a patented thumb control lever for one-handed operation of the clamp.
- It has flanged base mounting style for easy mounting on any surface and a maximum holding capacity of 500 lb.
- This clamp has steel construction for exceptional structural rigidity and durability to withstand highly abrasive environments / industrial conditions.
- The clamp ratio of exerting force (pushing) to applied force (pulling) is 31:1.
- It comes with a latch plate to provide support and an automatic fixed stop option for restricting the handle movement at certain clamping positions.
- Destaco 324-ZB1 replacement thumb control lever replace the patented thumb control lever of Destaco 324 clamp.
- 324101 replacement latch plate is used for a tight closure of the clamp on pressing the handle.
- Raptor Supplies can deliver Destaco replacement hook assembly (324215) for replacing the clamp's worn out or faulty hook.
Standards and Approvals:
- Destaco 324 clamp is ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 certified to ensure safety, good environmental health and superior performance of the clamp.
- The Destaco 324 pull action latch clamp has flanged base with two pairs of threaded mounting holes to allow quick and secure screwing onto flat surfaces / workpieces.
- This clamp can be easily removed and installed at a different location by simply unscrewing it using a simple screwdriver.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does Destaco 324 pull action latch clamp come in other variants with similar specifications?
A. Destaco supplies similar latch clamps having stainless steel construction for corrosion resistance (324-SS) and with Destaco Toggle Lock Plus feature to prevent accidental disconnection of the clamps (324-R).
Q. Does Destaco offer manual clamps with longer hooks than Destaco 324 pull action latch clamp?
A. Destaco supplies similar latch clamps in different hook lengths: 25 mm longer than standard length (324-M-25), 50 mm longer than standard length (324-M-50) and 100 mm longer than standard hook length (324-M-100).
Q. What is recommended lubricant to use with Destaco 324 latch clamp when reassembling?
A. Coupling lubricants like Mobil XTC should be used with Destaco 324 latch clamp and all other mechanical clamps of the brand.
Q. Does the red colour of the handle denote anything on Destaco clamps?
A. The red colour of the handles aware the user of the operating handle location and when should the user grab it.
Q. Can the handles of Destaco clamps be removed?
A. Most of Destaco clamp grips can be easily removed by sliding them off. But selected models of the handle grips undergo vinyl dipping over the underlying handle and hence require cutting off for removing them.
Q. Can Destaco clamps be used for hoisting or lifting applications?
A. No, Destaco clamps are not load-rated for hoisting or lifting applications and are ideal to provide safe & secure operation.
Q. How do latch clamps work?
A. These pull action latch clamps has 3 main components - a handle to operate the tool, a clamping arm to act as a contact point between the work item & clamp, and a base to attach the clamp to the surface. Once the simple linkage system of the clamp is put in the over-centre position, the handle is moved for creating force perpendicular to the base and squeeze-holding the work items.
Q. How to select the right type of latch clamp?
A. Destaco clamps feature steel or stainless steel construction and are available in flange & narrow flange base mounting styles for easy installation. They are offered in varying holding capacities, indicating the maximum external force that a clamp can resist safely (in locked position) without getting deformed permanently. Also, one should calculate the distance between the clamping plate and workpiece in its farthest position, before choosing a latch clamp.