Straight line action clamps use movement of a clamp plunger & spindle along their axis to securely hold vertical workpieces. These clamps can be locked either in both extended and retracted positions for use as pull & push clamps or in extended position only for use as push clamps. They are used to perform testing, fixturing, tensioning, CNC machining & plastic injection moulding applications that require frequent clamping and unclamping operations. Destaco 95030, 95040, 95050 & 95060 Series clamps have a cast steel handle & base with black oxide finish for structural rigidity & preventing regular wear & tear. These clamps are equipped with a handle that rotates backwards to fall below the mounting plane for locking the clamp in the retracted position. They have a low profile & compact design to reduce overhead clearance requirements during installation or operation. Destaco 95050 straight line action clamp features a round, metrically threaded plunger for quick fastening of a metric threaded spindle assembly. It can be locked in both pulling and pushing directions. This clamp has flanged base mounting style for quick installation on horizontal surfaces to support heavy duty clamping of workpieces (1650 lb maximum holding capacity). This manual clamp is also available in load capacities of 550, 1100 & 3960 lb on Raptor Supplies.
Destaco 95050 straight line action clamp is ideal for assembly, testing, and tensioning of fixtures / workpieces in aerospace, automotive, consumer goods and food & packaging industries.
- Destaco 95050 straight line action clamp has a compact & low profile design for use in spaces having overhead clearance constraints.
- This clamp provides a maximum holding capacity of 1650 lb.
- It is equipped with a round plunger having 0.55 inch height, 1.97 inch travel and M12 (metric) threading.
- This clamp has cast steel base & a handle with black oxide finish to perform heavy duty operations without breaking or bending.
- It has flanged base for quick mounting on horizontal surfaces / workpieces.
- This clamp locks in both retracted and extended positions for user convenience.
- The clamp's rotatable handle falls below the mounting plane to lock the clamp in the retracted position.
- Destaco 220203-M: Raptor Supplies can deliver these hex head spindle assemblies to fit into the plunger of Destaco 95050 clamp for secure holding of the workpieces.
Standards and Approvals:
- Destaco 95050 straight line action clamp adheres to ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 standards for ensuring user safety, environmental health and superior performance of the clamp.
- Destaco 95050 straight line action clamp can be installed securely on a workpiece or horizontal surface using 3 threaded holes on either side of the clamp base.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What other variants of Destaco 95050 latch clamp are available on Raptor Supplies?
A. Raptor Supplies offers this Destaco manual clamp in variants having 550 lb (95030), 1100 lb (95040) and 3960 lb (95060) maximum holding capacities.
Q. How do straight line action clamps work?
A. Straight line action clamps are operated manually to rotate the levers or handle for pushing the clamp plunger against the workpieces and holding them securely.
Q. How is clamping force different from the holding force / capacity?
A. The term "holding force or capacity" indicates the ideal strength of the clamp for holding down the equipment, workpieces or sheet metal on the assembly line or during other industrial applications. The holding force is measured during the clamp manufacturing process, so does not provide a practical measure of the capacity of the clamp. Clamping force or exerting force denotes the actual force exerted by the clamp onto the workpieces for holding them. The clamping force is generally lesser than the holding capacity due to several factors, such as the position of spindles in the clamping bars and the opposing force applied on the clamp.
Q. Does the red colour of the handle signify anything on Destaco clamps?
A. The red coloured handles alert the operator about the location of the operating handle and also indicates when he should grab it.
Q. Does Destaco sell manual clamps in handle colours other than red?
A. Yes, Destaco can supply manual clamps in a wide range of coloured handles according to customer requirements. Destaco also offers special grips without the Destaco logo upon request.
Q. Which grease is recommended for use with Destaco clamps?
A. Coupling grease, such as Mobil XTC is recommended for use with the brand's mechanical clamps.
Q. Can the handles of the Destaco clamps be removed?
A. Most Destaco clamps feature grips that can be easily removed by simply sliding them off. But some handle grips undergo vinyl dipping to fit the underlying handle and hence, have to be cut off for removal.
Q. Are Destaco clamps rust resistant?
A. All Destaco carbon steel clamps are zinc plated to withstand & minimise wear & tear due to harsh industrial environments. Destaco also supplies stainless steel clamps for applications requiring clamping in outdoor conditions.